I wasn’t trying to love it, but the the new Matchbox Twenty single is the best thing they have ever done. “She’s So Mean” is thrilling, stuttering, rocking ower-freakin’-pop. Great drums, Tele guitars, and Rob Thomas’ confident swagger is nicely understated. Video is good too. Song is a part of their new album North, coming in September. One of the pop/rock bands that lost their way. “3 A.M.” was a killer little pop song, and they had a handful of radio hits. But the new one is better than all of them. Trust your friend Rob on this one… And remember, guitarist Kyle Cook is from Indiana. Shout out to Frankfort.
- Tom Petty Albums: The Essential 7
- VIDEO: Martin Zellar – “Zamboni” – Songwriter’s Round
- VIDEO: Bruce Springsteen – “Trapped” – Copenhagen
- VIDEO: Truth and Salvage Co. in the studio
- Interview from NPR / Dave Grohl: The legendary Sound City soundboard story
- VIDEO: The Cars – “Bye Bye Love ” (Live)
- VIDEO: Mumford and Sons -”Atlantic City” with Jake Clemons
- Born Sinner"Sometimes I brag like Hov/ Sometimes I'm real like Pac" J Cole raps on his second LP Sometimes he's[...]
- Watching Movies With the Sound OffThere's a startling moment near the end of Mac Miller's ambitious second LP where all the playful bo[...]
- KveikurThese Icelanders have always had a sideways relationship with the ideas of "pop" and "heavy" Ambient[...]
- OmensEven after hit collaborations with Ke$ha and Katy Perry these jokey Colorado electro-rappers remain [...]
- Born Sinner
- James Murphy Writing Music for Broadway PlayLCD Soundsystem's James Murphy told Rolling Stone last month that he was writing music for a play &n[...]
- Miley Cyrus Oozes Sex, Plays With Food in 'We Can't Stop' Skulls made of French fries candelabras lit by s'mores and sausage-stuffed piñatas are just t[...]
- Slim Whitman Dead at 90Slim Whitman one of country music's most unusual artists died today in Orange Park Florida of heart [...]
- Nine Inch Nails Tap David Lynch to Direct 'Came Back Haunted' VideoTrent Reznor and David Lynch will team up for Nine Inch Nails' video for "Came Back Haunted" the fir[...]
- New Drake Song 'On My Way' Surfaces A previously unreleased song by Drake titled "On My Way" surfaced last night The song which the sing[...]
- James Murphy Writing Music for Broadway Play
- Music Review: Orchestra of the League of Composers Takes On a ChallengeThe Orchestra of the League of Composers/I.S.C.M. performed two world premieres as part of its Monday program at the Miller Theater.
- Slim Whitman, Yodeling Country Singer With a Regular-Guy Image, Dies at 90Mr. Whitman recorded more than 500 songs, made more than 100 albums and sold more than 70 million records.
- Johnny Smith, Venerable Jazz Guitarist, Dies at 90Mr. Smith’s biggest hit, “Walk Don’t Run,” became famous in covers by other bands, notably the Ventures. Mr. Smith, the writer of “Walk, Don’t Run,” gave up his career in 1958 to care for his daughter.
- ArtsBeat: Seattle Opera Finds Replacement for Longtime General DirectorAidan Lang will succeed Speight Jenkins as general director of the Seattle Opera.
- ArtsBeat: Black Sabbath Earns Its First No.1The group achieved a similar feat in Britain.
- Music Review: Orchestra of the League of Composers Takes On a Challenge
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 74,504 hits